Hello!

Welcome, welcome. I decided to create this blog after a mild enlightenment that (1) I love food-related games and food-related films; and I want to write about that, and (2) posts about the previous statement wouldn't be relevant on my melodramatic poetic blog.

08/08/18 -
Still figuring out how to modify this theme (my skills are dulled, ok) so in the meantime please bear with this boring-other-blog theme.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Paris: Aline [Review]

Hey there. I've been home in Pasuruan for a week now, enjoying every little things here and there. The weather is acceptably nice here, except some nights with heavy rains. I had to turn off my TV because I was afraid the lightning would hit our parabola or something... yep, small city problem. 

Anyway. Paris is written by Prisca Primasari, one of the Indonesian authors I've seen the names often, but never read any of her books. Paris is published by GagasMedia, and along the book came a bookmark and a postcard of Eiffel Tower. (At this point I figured that GagasMedia books came a postcard while Bukune books came with a flipped card, both with the picture of tourist attraction of the country it presents.)


Paris tells about a girl named Aline. She's an Indonesian girl living in Paris, and one day she met a man named Sena. Sena is an odd man since he asked to meet Aline in Bastille at 12 P.M., but his oddness has made Aline more curious of him. This book is a light journey of Aline's adventure.
I have to say that reading this book is like having a gulp of Sprite while drinking a glass of cold lemonade. It's fizzier, but basically they have the same taste. (My comparation is weird. I know.) But you got it, right? There's no aftertaste. Sure, it was sweet, but after you're finished with the book, that's it. You're finished. You don't feel sad or anything because the book has reached it's ending.

What more do I say here? I honestly don't know. Sure, I like this book, but more points to be criticized, maybe no. From the beginning I pick this book because it has a very vintage cover, and I don't expect the book to be hard and dark. "No expectations, no disappointment" rules here.
If you just finished an intense book, or any book that give you that hard-to-move-on after you finish it, Paris is not one of those books. Worth try reading though.
P.S. I found myself in love with the design of GagasMedia books. Don't judge a book by its cover, the proverb say, but sometimes we do judge books by their covers, right? Maybe I'll buy the Beijing one by Bukune just because I want to read how Beijing is pictured there. Maybe.

Okay see ya.