Hello!

Welcome, welcome. I decided to create this blog after a mild enlightenment that (1) I love food-related games and food-related films; and I want to write about that, and (2) posts about the previous statement wouldn't be relevant on my melodramatic poetic blog.

08/08/18 -
Still figuring out how to modify this theme (my skills are dulled, ok) so in the meantime please bear with this boring-other-blog theme.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pygmalion and an adventure

So. Done with my facial which was kinda painful and I wept a lot and got this sudden urge to blog. I've seen how Sheryl blogs regularly lately, and Ingrid posted an update, making me miss blogging that much.
Last Friday I had Communication Theory class and we were taught about Pygmalion effect.
The Pygmalion effect, or Rosenthal effect, is the phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, often children or students and employees, the better they perform. The Pygmalion effect is a form of self-fulfilling prophecy, and, in this respect, people will internalize their positive labels, and those with positive labels succeed accordingly. Within sociology, the effect is often cited with regard to education and social class.
- Wikipedia

I don't know if I'm a Runningman-retarded or what, but the moment the lecturer said "Pygmalion effect", the only thing on my mind is this scene:
Episode 12, where the team decided to play a betrayal-game on Joongki because it was his birthday. The game was a quiz about uncommon knowledge (containing difficult names and such) but the rest of the team has to win in order to get a Running-Man Ball. If Joongki answered one question correctly then the RM Ball goes to him.
Kwangsoo originally only answer "Pygmalion". Joongki interrupted and answer "Pygmalion Effect!" (which was the right answer). But then Kwangsoo bravely said he hasn't finished answering yet, and in the end he won by saying "Pygmalion... effect?" /sok ragu-ragu.

Anyway, I'm broke.
I know I shouldn't be saying this because I'm not actually that broke, but still I find it desperating to know that in this stage (eg. I'm not currently employed but I shop like a boss) I won't be able to recover my living costs. /sigh

Last week, when I hung out with some guys from my hometown (yes!) I found this box.
Yes, it's compact, it has floral pattern, it has compartments, and it has its mirror. Plus the "Anna Sui" plat, which I believe couldn't be the genuine one because it was only $5.

And I bought two new cases for my gadgets.
I know. Each costs about $12. That's why I'm broke this month.
I keep telling myself that the cases was an investment for my gadgets, but still (.__.)

THIS. (no I didn't own them)
THIS IS WHY I'M ALWAYS BROKE. So many cute things, so few digits on my account.
I found so many cute plugy on some online shops, like macarons plugy, Starbucks coffees plugy, and this cake plugy. Costs about $10 each because it's said to be original from Korea.
Okay I admit I might have shop too much these past months. The suspension is killing me now, dude.


Anyway for a nice ending.

Yesterday I got back to Jakarta by bus. The first time, with one big bag for my laptop and things, and one shoulder bag.
I was supposed to get off the bus at a certain highway exit, but I missed it == okay it was my fault because I didn't even know where the heck was the exit.
And the bus stopped in the middle of a very crowded market (the real route was the market, but I also didn't have any thought that it would stop in the middle of it.) Anyway because I felt so lost, I asked the bus rider for a way to the nearest shopping mall. Aaaand so I began the journey of walking with big bags to the mall.

The thing I never knew, is, everything that's unfamiliar to you become a new, unknown, worth-the-try thing. I was getting out in the middle of crowded market, but it felt like middle of nowhere. I walked on a normal road, crossed a normal bridge, and stepped on a normal stairs. 
But everything became a new adventure; the oily smell when I walked past a fried-food stall, the merchants who sell their goods on the pavement with only one lamp for their light, the children of the beggars running happily, yet I felt really good about the walk. I became someone --something, that was unfamiliar for those strangers, too. I became nobody, and because you don't know anybody, you don't care about anybody. 
It was like a sea of strangers walking alone together. The paradox, huh?

So I waited on that mall, carrying that heavy bag and waiting to be picked up. Bought some cute stuffs from the Japanese store (should've taken some pictures! Post them later.) and later being picked up and arrived home safely. My hand was swollen because I kept carrying those big bags on my grip.

Moral of the story?
Don't be afraid to start a new adventure, and don't bring too much things. Okay jaa ne.